Dream teams, almost everyone has one when it comes to sports…baseball, basketball and even ROLLER DERBY! Many skaters, referees, and fans alike have a roller derby dream team made up of their favorite players they’d love to see kick butt out on the track together. The Carolina Rollergirls have two SUPERFANS, Matt and Elin, who have been given the power to create their very own dream! Better yet, one team will be composed of “superheroes” while the other “villains”! They get to choose their players one by one from a mix of Carolina Rollergirls and other local skaters. The fun doesn’t stop there for our fans though, all you other CRG fanatics have a say in how the bout plays out!
Here is how it works:
- $1: Steal Points- you can steal points from one team and give them to the other! ($1 per point)
- $2: Announcer Shout Out
- $2: Bad Blocker- Send blocker to the penalty box
- $2: Bad Call- Release someone from the penalty box
- $5: Choose the jammer
- $5: Send the jammer to the box
- $5: Everyone on the bench must do 1 push up for each point the other team scores in that jam
- $8: Choose the blockers who go out on the track for 1 team
- $8 Take a selfie with a player-player cannot return to the jam until the selfie is taken
- $10: Field your dream line-up. Choose your favorite 4 blockers and 1 jammer for team of your choice
This is our last game of the season, so do not miss it! And the best part… We are having a silent auction and the proceeds from both the auction and game will be split 50/50 with the Compass Center for Women and Families!
The doors open at 6pm and the first whistle is at 7pm at Wheels Fun Park in Durham.
- When: Sunday October 18, 2015
- Where: Wheels Fun Park – 715 N Hoover Rd, Durham, North Carolina 27703
- Time: 7pm – Doors open at 6:30
- Advance tickets are $8 for adults, $5 for kids 6-12, 5 and under are free.